Skip to main content
Your official UCSD email address on @ucsd.edu
- All UCSD students have an email address of the form firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is not actually hosted on @ucsd.edu; instead, this address is set to forward to an actual email account.
- Most emails from UCSD administrative offices and emails sent to all students in a class are addressed to your @ucsd.edu address (and received wherever that redirects). You are responsible for checking email sent to this address on a timely basis.
- Initially it forwards to the UCSD email account that was created for you. This is currently email@example.com for most BISB students, but it may differ if you started at UCSD in another capacity.
- If you prefer to forward @ucsd.edu email to a different email account: go to the ACMS website, pick the Students menu, select Email Resources, and reconfigure it.
Google hosted @eng.ucsd.edu accounts
- Incoming Bioinformatics Graduate students are now issued @eng.ucsd.edu accounts.
- These are rebranded Google accounts. They work similarly to @gmail.com accounts with access to Gmail and Google Apps, but they have a different domain name (@eng.ucsd.edu), different Terms and Conditions, and access to UCSD content.
- In the lists of calendars, templates, groups, etc., look for links such as "Resources for eng.ucsd.edu".
- Documentation for @eng.ucsd.edu accounts
Academic Computing & Media Services (ACMS) accounts: network, classes,...
- ACMS services: ACMS provides email, website hosting, computer lab access for classes, certain campus licensed software, Ted and Canvas (for course websites and grade books), and more. To see what ACMS resources you currently have access to, go to the ACMS website and select Account Lookup in the left-hand menu.
- Network services:
- Labs: You may be issued additional computer accounts for the lab or department in which you do your rotations and thesis research. In most cases, those will not be coordinated with your ACMS accounts.