Bioinformatics graduate students will defend their dissertation in a final oral examination. The exam will consist of (1) a presentation of the dissertation by the graduate student, (2) questioning by the general audience, and (3) closed door questioning by the dissertation committee. The student will be informed of the exam result at the completion of all three parts of the oral examination. All members of the committee must sign the final report of the doctoral committee and the final version of the dissertation will conform to the procedures outlined in the publication, Instructions for the Preparation and Submission of Doctoral and Masters' Theses.
Graduate Division links
- Expand and read the "Doctoral Students" section on this page: Degree Completion.
- Preparation and Submission Manual for Doctoral Dissertations and Masters' Theses
- Dissertation and Thesis Submission
- Dissertation and Thesis Appointments
- For students who withdraw and return, see "Withdrawn Student Returning Only to Complete/Defend and Submit Dissertation" on this page.